This week’s theme in news revolved all around animals… People crowded around whatever device was near to watch the Discovery Channel’s famous, “Shark Week.” Speaking of sharks, did you know a two foot shark was found on the NYC subway? If that wasn’t enough, a bear was caught on camera on a jet ski. In the world of managed futures, there were no bull or bears to be had, but we decided to go with the theme, with a post about cows and the New Zealand Dollar. What animal will make the next headline? Until then, here are some weekend reads.
- First Job of Finance Gurus – (Reuters)
- Are Stock Indices Too High? – (Futures Magazine)
- Hedge Funds Make Record Bearish Corn Bets on Supply: Commodities (Bloomberg)
- The Sublime of the Ridiculous – (FAZ)
- The Wolf of Wall Street Trailer – (Youtube)
Just for Fun