This week wasn’t exactly boring in terms of stories to follow; with all eyes on Tampa for the Republican national convention, Hurricane Isaac making landfall in Louisiana, and Bernanke’s speech at Jackson Hole. However, in terms of market action, the low-volume, range-bound trading we’ve experienced through most of August continued. Fortunately, we’ve got just the thing to spice up your extra-long holiday weekend: our weekend reads.
- A mutual fund that acts like venture capital? What could go wrong? (NYT)
- Bernanke’s much-awaited speech at Jackson Hole (MarketWatch)
- This August was the most boring month for markets in a long time (Business Insider)
- After Isaac, New Orleans picks up yet again (Times-Picayune)
- A fascinating look at Apple vs Microsoft (Felix Salmon’s Blog)
And just for fun:
- The worst bicycle… thing… ever (Happy Place)