While those of us in Chicago are preparing for one of the top 5 Blizzards of all time and east coasters continue to dig out from their own battles with snow, the “Who’s who” of the Managed Futures industry has descended upon sunny Palm Beach, FL for a week of private meetings with both managers and investors at the MFA (Managed Funds Association) Network 2011. The MFA hosts two major events each year (Florida and Chicago) of which Florida is generally the most well attended – who could blame anyone for wanting to go to FL in the middle of winter?
Walter Gallwas, President and Founding Partner of Attain is on site representing our clients and will be meeting with the following diverse range of managers:
- 2100 Xenon – Systematic Fixed Income specialist
- Accela Capital Management – Multiple programs, covering both long term trend following and short term space
- Dominion Capital Management – Short term systematic multi- strategy with less than 3 day average hold time
- Emil Van Essen – Multi market spread trading specialist
- Global Advisors – Commodity ONLY multi strategy manager
- Hanley Group Capital – Agriculture specialist
- James River Capital – Ultra long term trend following strategy with average hold times over 100 days
- Lenapi Advisors – New / emerging manager
- Mesirow Financial Commodities – Short term discretionary manager
- Paskewitz Asset Management – Multiple strategies, including short term counter trend stock index trading and diversified counter trend + momentum (NEW)
The next conference will be June 21 – 22, 2011 here in Chicago, and we invite any investors looking to meet managers face to face to attend…we’re happy to help schedule meetings on your behalf.